Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 2024-25 NBA Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2024-25 NBA Thread

The off season is here with an upcoming draft and some major moves already ongoing.

So the Lakers have hired J.J. Redick as coach. Redick was a respectable player and is no stranger to media attention, having just finished time as a commentator and analyst for ESPN. But can he lead a group of men? This is a huge test for him and it will certainly be interesting to see how it works out.

Also, my Thunder have already moved on from Josh Giddey, finding a taker in the Bulls. While I liked Giddey, he just was a terrible fit for a team that already had good ball handling. Alex Caruso brings more defensive toughness as well as better shooting. Love the trade. Now the Thunder just need a physical rebounding big.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, my Thunder have already moved on from Josh Giddey, finding a taker in the Bulls. While I liked Giddey, he just was a terrible fit for a team that already had good ball handling. Alex Caruso brings more defensive toughness as well as better shooting. Love the trade. Now the Thunder just need a physical rebounding big.

The heck? Thunder just got better for next year and they really didn't hurt their team at all or give up anything that was super valuable to them. They are still stacked with 1st round draft picks and were the #1 seed last year. And they have just gotten better. Wow
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Cavs are reportedly hiring Kenny Atkinson as their new HC. I believe he also coached Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert when they were on the Nets.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So we had the big Mikal Bridges trade, and now the first round of the draft. I've heard this is a weaker draft, but they said that about the 2006 one as well, and that had some depth to it (if not many true superstar players), so we'll see.

OKC picked a guy who looks like a hybrid of two guys they traded, Micic and Giddey. He's hurt, IIRC, so it will be awhile before they can incorporate him as a 2nd unit ballhandler.