Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

old Basketball card collection to sell

Hello Everybody ,
    I have a question for you guys.
    Twenty years ago, when I was young, I traveled to the United States to visit my grandfather (I'm a swiss guy with family in the US) , who gave me a collection of about 3000 basketball cards. These cards have been stored in my closet all these years without moving. Each card is in a plastic sleeve, so they are well protected.

Here in Switzerland, the culture of basketball cards is non-existent, and I don't know much about basketball either. While flipping through them the other day, I recognized players like Shaquille O'Neal and Michael Jordan... I imagine some of these cards could be worth some money.
    I have never lived in the United States, so it is difficult for me to understand and know where to sell these cards. I am looking for help and advice on how to determine if some of these cards are valuable or if it would be possible to sell the entire collection as a lot. Living in Switzerland makes it difficult for me to manage all this. Your valuable advice would certainly help me, and I thank you warmly in advance!
    The first advice I am looking for is to know on which forum to ask this question!
    Thank you very much, everyone, for your help and advice!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Hard to tell without knowing what's in the collection. Have any pictures or scans - especially of the Jordan stuff? Depending on the year made and the particular card, they could be worth a good amount.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's your response translated and slightly polished in English:---Thank you for your response. I've taken a look at the cards, and they all seem to be from the 90s. It looks like there are different card manufacturers as well; for example, some are from Fleer, SkyBox, etc. I'm attaching a photo of a handful that I pulled out. I'll search for the Michael Jordan cards another day. It's going to take me a while...Could you tell me how I could get this collection appraised?Thank you very much in advance.---Feel free to tweak it further if you need!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The cards that you have pictured are not worth much at all. The Shaq card is the best in the picture, but you would be lucky if you got $1 for it.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have any advice on how I could get the collection appraised and check each card?
    Thanks in advance!

SCF Rewards
    Country

akaus21 is correct

Those cards are worth like 25 cents to a $1 at best. That era was really overproduced so there aren't many rare cards that are valuable. Your best bet would be to post the Jordan cards and we can see if anything is worth anything. Paying somebody to appraise this is just going to be wasting money as that will cost more than what these cards are worth.
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you very much for this information. I understand better now what I have on my hands. I will sort through them and see if I have any cards that are worth something. Could you give me the names of 2-3 players from the 90s to 2000s whose cards might be valuable?Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Thank you very much for this information. I understand better now what I have on my hands. I will sort through them and see if I have any cards that are worth something. Could you give me the names of 2-3 players from the 90s to 2000s whose cards might be valuable?Thanks!

Look for Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kobe Bryant.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thibaud,

Let me offer you another suggestion. You can do the thing mentioned but you might miss something really Nice that way. If you can look for cards that are not numbered normally but more likely a INSERT or better yet possibly a numbered card (say 10, 25, etc.). The lower the print run the more valuable the card. Insert cards will usually have a letters designated it as a inset (AW-9) which might stand for AWARD WINNER with the player being number 9 in the set. Also, in addition do you have possibly any autographed, game used or memorabilia cards in the collection. As they will easily be worth more than the .25 or a $1 for stuff that is 20 plus years.

You just do not want to miss a rarer card that you might not have any idea such as the PMG's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28591360624...Bk9SR9aF_4-KZA

I just know folks sometimes do not know what they have but you need to put them in groups of possibly the sets and then get scans of one card from that set or insert set so we can help you out. The members here are more than friendly and will help you out as you see.

DOn