Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Okay I am DONE with Topps base sets. Fanatics you SUCX!!

I have been collecting cards since 1959 so I have seen the ups and downs of collecting and certainly understand the risk but this years 2024 Topps base set (Series One and Series Two) has finally driven me away from trying to compete the base set.!

Over the past several years I would buy a jumbo box and with exception of one box a couple years ago I would always get a complete set for that series. That was great as I am a set collector. The $2.00 auto was a bonus along with the $1.00 jersey card and the fake patch. Simple to do, fun break and move on to the next product.

Fast forward to this year and when series one released I buy jumbo box and was 31 cards short of the set. That was a shock, bought a regular hobby box and was still 25 cards short of the set so I bought the remaining cards I needed off eBay.

I thought maybe that was just a bad box and series two would be back to what I knew before.

Stop by the local this morning and bought a 2024 Topps Series Two jumbo box. Cost was $214.99 plus tax.

Bust the packs and it was worst than series one! I was 40 cards short of the set.

I certainly understand the risk of busting wax but going forward all I can say was "It was fun while it lasted!" But I am DONE with the base set of Topps products. Maybe all Fanatics products!

Way to go Fanatics. Not that it matters but you just lost me!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah it is particularly baffling that Fanatics has done this with the Topps set. If you want to expand your business by getting people to buy more boxes don't pick a set that it is so obvious that you are doing it. Before it was very easy to make a set with Topps. Yeah you would get a lot of repeats sometime but now it seems like they purposely did it so you would buy more boxes. But the thing is why would you keep buying box after box after box of Topps to complete it? You wouldn't. You would just buy another box maybe and just get the remaining cards you would need afterward since EVERYONE breaks Topps and it is produced in mass quantities. A real dumb move and strategy by Fanatics since most people who have collected for a few years will since this correctly as the money grab it is.
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Why not buy or trade for the remaining cards you need? Would save you a ton of money and in this economy,we all need to.

I get the need to scratch that itch of opening boxes but it's hard to build a set solely by ripping these days.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Why not buy or trade for the remaining cards you need? Would save you a ton of money and in this economy,we all need to.

I get the need to scratch that itch of opening boxes but it's hard to build a set solely by ripping these days.

Since I have this completion thing, I did exactly that last night. Found a very good seller on eBay and bought all the cards I needed for to complete series two for less than $22.00 Less than the cost of a blaster.

So upon arrival, series one and series two will be complete and I am DONE with ever buying Topps base sets going forward.

Enough is enough and as you said I will save a lot of money. Of course I will miss those $2.00 autographs and the $1.00 jersey cards they put in the jumbos boxes!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Since I have this completion thing, I did exactly that last night. Found a very good seller on eBay and bought all the cards I needed for to complete series two for less than $22.00 Less than the cost of a blaster.

So upon arrival, series one and series two will be complete and I am DONE with ever buying Topps base sets going forward.

Enough is enough and as you said I will save a lot of money. Of course I will miss those $2.00 autographs and the $1.00 jersey cards they put in the jumbos boxes!!!!!

That's why I quit ripping during the pandemic. Couldn't justify spending all the money when I may get a few cards I actually need if I'm lucky. When I see a set I wanna build,I'll buy a base lot in bulk and trade or buy what I need after I sort them out. You can give up opening boxes and still be a set builder so don't bow out just yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's why I quit ripping during the pandemic. Couldn't justify spending all the money when I may get a few cards I actually need if I'm lucky. When I see a set I wanna build,I'll buy a base lot in bulk and trade or buy what I need after I sort them out. You can give up opening boxes and still be a set builder so don't bow out just yet.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (424) The Bench
    Country
    See tdoran70's Items on eBay

I just bought the entire series 2 topps set for $34.11 with tax and free shipping on ebay. Gave up on buying boxes years ago. Glad I did especially since blasters are now $25 each!!!!