Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made it to the Fanatics Fest at the Javits Center yesterday. Wasn't expecting too much with the crowds there and the cost to get paid autos. I was able to get a picture with current Hornets Grant Williams but with the crowd, wasn't able to get anything signed. Tony Richardson had a 1 hour meet and greet. I arrived a few minutes prior to the the setting up of his booth and was able to get a guaranteed ticket before the crowd came. He was very nice and signed the NFL postcard (I was not prepared for anyone since I couldn't find any info on who might be available for free). I then walked by a podcast booth where former Jaguar Fred Taylor was hosting with Ryan Clark. He signed my postcard as well. Next up was former NBA player Baron Davis who was supposed to sign for an hour but no one at the Javits center knew where it was being held. When we saw Baron, he led us to walking around the NBA area for 20 minutes of his scheduled signing time before we were placed onto 3 lines without knowing what the difference was. Apparently Baron was leaving 10 minutes before the end of his scheduled time. Just my luck I was next in line when he stopped signing. It was annoying since we watched former NBA players Allan Houston and Mike Miller walk by but we were stuck on line. A lot of people left the line but I continued because the line was also to shoot free throws. Apparently, Baron signed a bunch of pictures so I received one as well. Finally WFAN had their radio show and former Giant Tiki Barber was co-hosting the 2pm show. He was very nice and took pics and signed for everyone during commercial breaks. When I was leaving I saw Ryan Clark. I took a picture with him but he didn't seem in the mood to sign so I left that alone. Overall, it was a good day but I definitely would not attend for all 3 days. It's a bunch of lines to do any sports activity and the fees for paid signings were really crazy. I feel like I got lucky even getting the autos. There were UFC guys signing and I'm pretty sure there were at least 400 fans waiting on line for a 1 hour signing so I'm sure many were disappointed. It is cool if you want to hear athletes being interviewed live. This is probably going to be my longest post but might help anyone considering going in the future.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

These signing can kill your wallet.
    That Woodbridge Brewery by me is having the 19 players of the 86 Mets. If you want them all its only $860. I only need Hernandez and Mitchell and that $160 for both. Not for me

If you did not see it they have the players posted for Aberdeen Day on Sept 21.
    Its Shane Spencer, NY Giants Ahmad Bradshaw and NY Rangers Stephane Matteau.
    Not bad for free signings.

I already have Shane so will have to see if the family will go and the weather is in our favor this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

These signing can kill your wallet.
    That Woodbridge Brewery by me is having the 19 players of the 86 Mets. If you want them all its only $860. I only need Hernandez and Mitchell and that $160 for both. Not for me

If you did not see it they have the players posted for Aberdeen Day on Sept 21.
    Its Shane Spencer, NY Giants Ahmad Bradshaw and NY Rangers Stephane Matteau.
    Not bad for free signings.

I already have Shane so will have to see if the family will go and the weather is in our favor this year.

Would love a signed card or two of former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw!
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Right now they are saying only 2 autos per person but thru the years I have seen a few more.
    I need 2 my self. Will let you know if I am going and if my son comes for sure then we can go from there

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, that brewery is charging like one of the bigger card shows. I hear Keith Hernandez works with a company PastPros to facilitate signings through the mail if you're ever interested in that.

Thanks for the update on Aberdeen Day. I think I'll decide when I know what the weather will be like

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to the Northeast Card Expo again in Stamford, CT. Met former Giants kicker Sean Landetta and was able to have an 8x10 and a card signed. He barely looked up to me and my son when he was signing as he had a bunch of cards on the side that he was signing I guess to sell as merchandise. Also met former UConn player Kevin Freeman. Was able to fine a couple of college cards in the Ebay world for him to sign. He was very nice and had a nice conversation with my son.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Nice on getting Sean too bad he seemed to be pre occupied to notice you or your son.

Looks like the long range for Saturday in now rain which was not the case the other day.
    As long as it does not turn into a Northeaster I am still planning on going to Aberdeen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, the weather will determine if I'm going for Aberdeen. I'll need the outdoor activities to be available for the family to entertain my trip to get autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I know what you mean.
    I hope the weather report is like any other recently and not correct.
    Keep me advised if you can

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to last nights playoff game between Hartford and Somerset which the Patriots won by scoring 2 in the 8th.
    I will not bore you with who did not sign as it the list has not changed.

Was a little bummed out as I needed Edwar Ramirez on another item and found out they he went home after the last game of the season.

Did get the following
    Corey Saccone 2/2 club house manager for pete27
    Sparky Lyle 2/2

If the Patriots win this series they will be back next Tuesday and Wednesday if needed.
    Not sure what I am going to do. It honestly does not bother me not to go back to try for the 4 autos I need to complete my sheet.

My next IP event will be Saturday for a free signing day at Aberdeen NJ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast